About Us

Word of Life Worship Center has been operating as a church in the Gypsum area since February 1990. Don and Vicki Hanan took over as pastors in December 2nd 1990, starting with 3 people and their family of 5. Originally Word of Life operated under the name Anointed Christian Fellowship of Gypsum and met for several years in a former schoolhouse. In 1998 the name of the church was changed to Word of Life Worship Center. In 2003 the church began using the American Legion hall as their meeting place and was able to purchase the building in June 2005 and begin major renovations in the summer of 2006 unitizing Pastor Don’s construction expertise.

Pastors Don and Vicki served together in ministry until Pastor Don went to be with the Lord in June 2007. Pastor Vicki continues on as Senior Pastor.

Our mission statement is: “Sharing God with our community, encouraging people to grow to their full potential in Christ Jesus.” It has been exciting to see God’s faithfulness through the years and the increased growth of our fellowship, especially in the last year. We eagerly look forward to all that God will do in the coming year!

P.O. Box 1177, Gypsum, CO 81637
© 2012, Word of Life Worship Center