What We Believe
The programs and activities of Word of Life Worship Center shall be based upon and at all times shall be consistent with the following Statement of Faith and Biblical Foundations. We believe:
- That there is one God, eternally present in three persons: God the father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ and the eternal Son of God, setting aside His deity in order to be an acceptable sacrifice for mankind; in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory.
- That all have sinned and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through the blood of Jesus Christ; that spiritual regeneration by the
Holy Spirit is essential for personal salvation; that man is justified by faith in Jesus Christ apart from works; and that if you confess with your mouth “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to everlasting life and the lost to eternal judgment.
- In water baptism, by complete immersion, in the name of the Father, the Holy Spirit, and the Son our Lord Jesus Christ, in the likeness of His death, burial, and resurrection, as testimony of our new life through Christ and that we should henceforth walk in newness of life.
- That the Scriptures in the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible are the infallible Word of God, given to men by the inspiration of God and are the authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
- In regularly observing the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper by partaking of communion in remembrance of His death. His blood was atonement for our sins, His broken body atonement for our sickness.
- That the redemptive work of Jesus Christ provided healing for the whole man; spirit, soul, and body. He redeemed mankind from the curse of the law, taking upon Himself the sin of the world, the poverty of mankind, and the sickness of the human body.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling presence the believer is enabled to live a godly life which manifests the fruit of the Spirit; That a person baptized in the Holy Spirit will speak with new tongues; and that the gifts of the Holy Spirit as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12-14 should be practiced and manifested in the Church today.
- In the reality and personality of our enemy, Satan, he is a liar and the father of lies, whose purpose is to kill, destroy and steal from mankind; and his future condemnation to hell for eternity.